Saturday, November 6, 2010

Is the journey up or down tougher?

An extract from Mitch Albom's "For One More day"...

It's funny. I met a man once who did a lot of mountain climbing. I asked him which was harder, ascending or descending? He said without a doubt descending, because ascending you were so focused on reaching the top, you avoided mistakes.
"The backside of a mountain is a fight against human nature," he said. " You have to care as much about yourself on the way down as you did on the way up."
I could spend a lot of time talking about my life after baseball. But that pretty much says it.

food for thoughts... :)
- don't live in your past.
- be watchful of your steps no matter going up or sliding down.
- be careful of how you land so that you can take off again soon. :)

No comments: