Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Some of life's sharing...

A couple of weeks back, i attended our zone's overnight prayer meeting.
while in the meeting, images of this puzzle game i'm playing on my phone keep appearing in my mind. i was kind of irritated with myself at first. i mean i have 'more serious business' to do, why do i keep thinking of this game?! tsk.

but slowly and gradually, i realise i'm suppose to get a message out of the images.
how this game works, is that i have to move the red block to that opening on the right to proceed to the next puzzle. sometimes, frustrations set in, and you feel like just using the fingers to shift the wood blocks so that the red block can clear this round and move to the next.
Don't you think this closely links to our daily lives?
sometimes, we find ourselves stuck in a very irritating/frustrating situation in life? No matter how we try to get out of it, we can't. we have to get pass it.

Quote: the only way out of the valley is not to go under or above but to go through it

Jer 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.
13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
14 I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile."

I was having dinner with bestie ying and she was sharing with me about a book(Tuesdays with Morrie) she was reading.
in this book, one of the character mentioned that he thinks that God overdid what he did with Job, she then asked me for my opinions.
i told her, i had to disagree with the character. I know that everything in life happens for a reason. be it good or bad, it's to grow a person, build their character, put them through the fire. to mould them. like clay in a potter's hands. we all know that life is not a bed of roses. some people just have things tougher than the others, but that's cuz they're up for the challenges and lessons life brings.
like the game, sometimes, one just needs to have another good look around. kind of analyze the situation again, be calm and then you realise, 'oh!it's like this'. don't try to rush things. delays happen for a reason :) i believe in that. God's timing is always THE BEST. read more at suat wei's blog :)

Romans 5:3-5
3Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

just thought i share this. be it a reminder to self or an encouragement to anyone. :)




Nothing Is Impossible
-Planetshakers

(verse)
I'm not gonna live by what I see
I'm not gonna live by what I feel

Deep down I know that You're here with me
And i know that You can do anything

(chorus)
Through You
I can do anything
I can do all things
'Cause it's You who gives me strength
Nothing is impossible

Through You
Blind eyes are opened
Strongholds are broken
I am living by faith
Nothing is impossible

(Bridge)
I believe
I believe
I believe
I believe in You

it's the closest to the song i could get. bear with the slight bad video quality =/

God bless! :)

Philippians 4:13
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

more food for thoughts soon... :) it's all in my mind. will do it when i have time :)

No comments: