Wednesday, January 27, 2010

and i held back the tears...

i had one of the MOST heart-warming session so far with my dad while on my way home just now. and another time with my mom in the kitchen while we were preparing dinner.

these are little moments i will have to remember and tell to my kids when i get older.

I was sharing some things with my dad, asking for his opinions and comments. He supported what i mentioned and asked me to go ahead as long as i know what i was doing. then he told me (a little para-phrase) "Girl, when i pray, i thank God for blessing me with my two children. Now both of you are big already, i give them back to YOU. Use them as YOU want. I can't instruct them anymore.(meaning something like discipline) i pray YOU'LL guide them as YOU have guided me. I'm not so worried about you (me), i'm more worried for your brother cuz he has been spoilt by your mom since young...."

WOW! i tried SO HARD to hold back the tears. for my dad to tell me that, somewhere deep inside just was SO touched. tears just welled up. I went from 'I know' to just nodding my head so he won't notice. >.<

as for my mom... "while you are still young, go and do it lor. we will just have to watch our spendings and be a little more thrifty."

i love my parents for always giving me space to do my 'nonsense', being very supportive.

i'm just in the very 'gan-dong' mood now.

feeling very blessed.
we'll see where HE leads in this... :)

No comments: